A Single Source Resource For Leaders?October 18, 2012
This week, I would like to take the opportunity to ask for your help. I always love the lively discussions and insightful questions that emerge from the different leadership challenges we cover, but this week I would especially appreciate your insights and opinions.
When I was working in the corporate world, I was always searching for information. The challenge rapidly became finding applicable, value-add information – there was (and is) so much information on the internet that it seemed overwhelming and time intensive to get to what I actually needed. It always seemed like 95% percent of the information out there was irrelevant for my specific needs. As I continue to work with leaders from around the world, it seems little has changed…
As a result, I have decided to do something about this challenge and have created a website that is designed to be a single source resource for leaders across boundaries & borders. I have identified many categories and sources of information and consolidated everything under a new website – The GlobaLABB. As a leader immersed in today’s global marketplace, you are incredibly important. As such, I would like to request your input. If you will be so kind as to offer your personal insight into this project, I will be very grateful. Please consider the below questions and add anything I may have missed:
- What would you value having access to on such a site?
- What would be the most important information we could provide for you?
- Would you visit frequently if there was a wealth of information available, with new content being added on a monthly basis?
- Would you use this tool to connect with leaders throughout the world to discuss common themes and challenges?
- Would you appreciate a single location to identify relevant conferences and leadership development sources from around the world?
- How about the opportunity to mentor, or be mentored, by someone outside your organization, from anywhere in the world?
- Would you appreciate being able to go to a single source when preparing to travel or work on a project that offers currency conversion rates, Worldclock, meeting planners, or basic translation capabilities?
- Would you access relevant webinars and podcasts?
- Would you be interested in knowing about workshops and seminars around the world?
- Would you appreciate a recommended reading list with brief content summaries?
- Would you value personal development tools and assessments?
- Would you leverage the opportunity for virtual executive coaching?
- Are ideas for teambuilding and social responsibility useful?
- Is Global Business information – access to relevant articles, etc. – valuable to you?
- Are knowledge tools (such as international call information, time zone converters, world maps, world news, country briefs and global holidays) useful to you?
- Are communications, project management, strategy, virtual networking and teambuilding tools something you would use?
- Would you find availability across multiple languages useful?
This is a real passion for me and my sincere hope is that you will find a single location for business leadership resources extremely useful. My overarching goal is to create something that is truly exciting and value-add for you – today’s leader who works across boundaries and borders. Thank you in advance for your participation and input - I am so excited to hear from you!